Identity & Access Management Solution Case Study
Alliance Data was struggling with an IAM environment that had limited functionality and had not been upgraded in years.
This case study illustrates the business and IT challenges when an Identity & Access Management solution was deployed, but not upgraded for years.
1. Existing Identity and Access Management environment was deployed with limited functionality and had not been upgraded for several years.
2. Limited IT staff knowledge of the IAM platform usage and operational requirements.
3. New requirements arose for increased account validation and identity lifecycle capabilities to support business compliance and operational requirements.
4. IAM functionality needed to to be extended to service the environment utilizing the existing framework investment with a focus on business enablement and accountability.
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
1.Upgrade of existing Aveska IAM framework to the latest release enabling extensibility to Alliance Data service environments.
2. Development of associated processes required to support identity lifecycle activities with outwardly focused service delivery model.
3. Extension of the existing platform usage including comprehensive identity-related requests, approvals and certification process.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
1. Cost savings were realized by leveraging the existing RSA Aveksa investment over investing in a new IAM solution.
2. By expanding usage of existing technology, the complexity and time required for users to gain access to Alliance Data service environments was reduced, thereby increasing efficiency.
3. Business operational risk was reduced, while visibility into service environment consumption and usage increased.