IAM Architect – SailPoint
The IAM Architect is a subject matter expert consultant role responsible for architecting, designing and implementing a variety of identity and access management solutions. The architect role is the face of client delivery and is critical to delivery of services and managing client expectations day-to-day.
The position reports to the Practice Director and works closely with other practice teams in delivering best in class security engagements for our clients.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. IDMWORKS offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to PTO, Insurance (health, dental, vision, life); long term disability, 401K employer contribution after first 90 days, FSA, HSA, and more.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location: Anywhere in the Continental US or Canada
Citizenship: US Citizen, Canadian Citizen or Green Card Holder
Travel: While work from home/remote is possible, ability to travel up to 70%
Start Date: Immediately
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver consultant services in a direct capacity on client engagements
• Work with client representatives and stakeholders to establish organizational IAM priorities, roadmap, and program strategies to executive management.
• Engage in requirements gathering and use cases development
• Create, validate, and justify security solutions and designs consistent with client objectives and best practices
• Lead discussions on IAM architecture, process, and governance development
• Develop deployment and implementation methodology and standards consistent with vendor best practices
• Install, integrate, configure, deploy and architect IAM solutions and systems to facilitate User Life-Cycle Management, Identity and Access Governance, Automated Provisioning, Single Sign-On, Federation, Privileged Account Management.
• Transcribe and present technical information to business / executive levels
• Develop and execute test cases and test plans for IAM solutions
• Respond to escalated Tier 3 client support calls for managed services, as needed
• Provide knowledge transfer, training, and support activities
• Provide a high level of customer service through comprehensive communication
• Observe project delivery protocol and ensure timely escalation of status, issues, and risks
• Work with vendor product support to open, troubleshoot, and resolve product issues
• Develop technical project plans and aid in project resourcing
• Oversee multiple engagements to ensure methodology is observed on all client engagements and engineering works meetings technical and quality standards
• Attend relevant technical training and conferences to further develop technical skills and remain current on IAM market trends, tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Mentor junior associates and help train internally
• Provide presales support by developing Levels of Effort, responding to Requests for Proposals, and contributing to Statements of Work
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
• IT Professional Certification (CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of SailPoint IdentityIQ concepts and features
• 3+ year of experience with SailPoint IdentityIQ administration experience
• 3+ year of experience with SailPoint IdentityIQ implementation experience
• Experience with the following products: SailPoint IdentityIQ, SailPoint IdentityNow, SailPoint SecurityIQ
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with the following SailPoint IdentityIQ components: Lifecycle Manager, Compliance Manager, Application On-Boarding, Access Request, Automated Provisioning, Password Management, Workflows, Quicklinks and custom forms
• Knowledge of the SailPoint SSD and deployment accelerator a plus
• 4 to 6 years’ high-level of experience in security consulting, security administration, and/or Information Technology field
• 3+ years of solution design, integration architecture, technical development, and deployment experience of IAM solutions and products
• Required experience with solution design and architecting mid-large scale technical solutions
• Required experience with Visio or similar architecture drawing / diagramming tools
• Knowledge of Java, .NET, or similar object-oriented programming language
• Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
• Knowledge of enterprise directories (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.)
• Knowledge of enterprise systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, ServiceNow)
• Knowledge or certification of TOGAF / Zachman or similar frameworks a plus
• Experience setting up and installing software on Windows and Unix (Linux, HP, Solaris, AIX) platforms
• Experience with the following web technologies (XML, SPML/SOAP, Web Services, etc.)
• Experience with web application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, etc.)
• Familiarity with Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
• Working knowledge of securing resources in third party hosted cloud environment
• Ability to work in a team fostered, multi-tasked environment
• Experience in writing executive level reports and technical documentation
• Connect easily with clients and colleagues to communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries to offer recommendations as an expert with best practices
If you enjoy a fast paced, fluid workplace with unlimited opportunities and challenges, please use the form below to apply to this open position.