Identity & Access Management Solution Case Study
Nike lacked a centralized Identity & Access Management solution, so individual IAM point solutions supporting individual applications were deployed without consistent governance or adherence to corporate policy.
This case study illustrates the business and IT challenges when there is a lack of a centralized Identity & Access Management solution and therefore limited and segmented IAM capabilities.
1. Lack of a centralized IAM organization resulted in limited and segmented IAM capabilities.
2. Individual IAM point solutions supporting individual applications were deployed without consistent governance or adherence to corporate policy.
3. Individual business units operated with a mix of department level processes combined with enterprise access control services to support required business capabilities.
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
1. IDMWORKS partnered with Nike in the development of a comprehensive identity and access management strategy supporting business requirements and technology drivers.
2. IDMWORKS implemented corporate Federated Services (SSO) supporting internal and external business environments.
3. IDMWORKS developed and executed a corporate IAM RFP aligned with the IAM strategy supporting functional program delivery services.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
1. IDMWORKS expertise and methodology allowed Nike Inc. to quickly provide Federated Authentication.
2. IAM RFP was completed efficiently without the need for excessive reviews and analysis.
3. The IAM program framework definition and associated service delivery roadmaps were delivered quickly with comprehensive best practices. Focused services were in line with business requirements and with technology neutral consultative approach.