West Virginia University:
Identity Management Solution Case Study
West Virginia University was experiencing a host of departmental level access control deficiencies that required a comprehensive set of services that addressed current and future student and faculty IAM functionality.
This case study illustrates the business and IT challenges that can be solved by implementing an identity management solution.
1. Identity data duplication and overlap required manual process intervention to ensure appropriate access and control activities across the University technology landscape.
2. Multiple application and service authentication and authorization services were utilizing varying provisioning, access control and management methods and processes.
3. Multiple service request processes were required to provide IAM services leading to extended timeframes for user access.
IDENTITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
1. IDMWORKS in concert with university staff developed a comprehensive IAM framework and implementation program to address the business challenges.
2. IDMWORKS developed and implemented an Oracle Identity Management platform providing centralized IAM service capabilities.
3. Oracle Directory Services supported automated and consistent identity lifecycle activities.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
1. Cost savings in reduction in operational burden supporting facility and student access requests to university services.
2. Increased IT productivity from decrease in time required to onboard, manage and off-board identities due to comprehensive identity directory service capabilities.
3. Increased user satisfaction and productivity from the implementation of self-service identity services.