In the Sun Identity Manager documentation, there’s reference to JMX hooks that can be used to monitor the health of your Sun Identity Manager Deployment and its related components. My goal was to figure out how to do this and here’s the steps that I used:
- Login to the admin interface of IDM and navigate to Configure->Servers and choose one server
- The next widget that appears has four tabs, choose JMX
- Uncheck Use default (false) and check JMX Enabled.
- Save your changes and then restart your app server (in my case this is Glassfish)
- Next, run jconsole.exe which is located in your $JDK/bin directory, my jconsole was found here: c:Program FilesJavajdk1.5.0_08bin
- A new JConsole window appears titled JConsole: Connect to Agent
- Click on the Advanced tab and in the URL enter the JMX URL for your app server. For Glassfish this is: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:8686/jmxrmi