A feature of Oracle Mobile Security Suite is the integration with its Secure Mobile Mail app. It works great out of the box, but most customers want to customize it.
During a recent implementation, we found ways to customize this app including new logos and a custom bundle identifier (a necessary step for signing with your own cert). Here’s how you do it:
- Unzip the ipa from Oracle: unzip bmtouchdown_c14n_3_6_1_596_15159-unsigned.ipa
- Go into the extracted Payload directory, right click on MyTouchDown and select Show Package Contents.
- Make your modifications (edit info.plist to change bundle id, update png image resources, etc)
- Zip the Payload creating the new ipa file: zip -qr “touchdown-unsigned-new.ipa” Payload
- sign the updated IPA: /opt/Oracle/omss/bin/c14n -c signonly -i touchdown-unsigned-new.ipa -o touchdown-signed.ipa -cert ‘iPhone Distribution: DEMO, INC.’ -p DEMO_OMSS_Touchdown.mobileprovision -v -log sign.log
- Optionally, analyze with the c14n tool to confirm: /opt/Oracle/omss/bin/c14n -i touchdown-signed.ipa -c analyze -v