Customizing Oracle Secure Mobile Mail
A feature of Oracle Mobile Security Suite is the integration with its Secure Mobile Mail app. It works great out of the box, but most customers want to customize it.
During a recent implementation, we found ways to customize this app including new logos and a custom bundle identifier (a necessary step for signing with your own cert). Here’s how you do it:
1) Unzip the ipa from Oracle:
2) Go into the extracted Payload directory, right click on MyTouchDown and select Show Package Contents.
3) Make your modifications (edit info.plist to change bundle id, update png image resources, etc)
4) Zip the Payload creating the new ipa file:
zip -qr “touchdown-unsigned-new.ipa” Payload
5) sign the updated IPA
/opt/Oracle/omss/bin/c14n -c signonly -i touchdown-unsigned-new.ipa -o touchdown-signed.ipa -cert ‘iPhone Distribution: DEMO, INC.’ -p DEMO_OMSS_Touchdown.mobileprovision -v -log sign.log
6) Optionally, analyze with the c14n tool to confirm:
/opt/Oracle/omss/bin/c14n -i touchdown-signed.ipa -c analyze -v