Often times our clients want to create another identity attribute that is “calculated“. Maybe this is an overall status, or perhaps it’s an overall supervisor. Either way, you can implement a customization to accomplish this (and it’s a little complicated so I have two sets of instructions, one for the business user, and the other for the technical user).
- Inventory the custom attributes that you would like to aggregate / evaluate (typically in the form of CUS_ATTR_CAS_1##)
- Develop a SQL query that does what you need to do with these attributes
- Put the SQL query in the correct package file
- Import the changes into the database
- Test your changes
- Login to your database instance, query the database to find out the names of the attributes that you’re interested in: e.g. select * from t_extensible_schema_columns where display_name like’%status%’;
- Develop the SQL query based on these attributes that does what you need.
- Create the following directory: ~oracle/database/packages/custom
- Copy over the .pkb and .pks files into this custom directory and add your changes to the .pkb file
- Launch sqlplus from the custom directory and login as AVUSER
- Now import the .pkb and .pks scripts as follows: @’your_package_name’_Pkg.pks; @’your_package_name’_Pkg.pkb;
- Now you can log back into the GUI and test your changes
For further information or to arrange an initial consultation, contact IDMWorks to discuss how we can help with a solution to address your needs.