***NOTE: As with all Tips and Tricks we provide on the IDMWorks blog, use the following AT YOUR OWN RISK. We do not guarantee this will work in your environment and make no warranties***
If you ever wondered how easy it is to upgrade Aveksa Compliance Manager (ACM), here’s the step-by-step:
- As Oracle, backup your database
- There’s a script called AVDB_Export_AVUSER.sh in the directory/home/oracle/database/DBA/AVDB/scripts
- Make sure you get a message stating “Done !”
- e.g. $script_path/AVDB_Export_AVUSER.sh -t_401_upgrade_backup
- As root, copy over the following files to /tmp/aveksa/packages
- Create a staging directory
- e.g. mkdir /tmp/aveksa/staging
- Extract the new Avkesa tar ball into this directory
- e.g. tar -jxvf $tmp_path/aveksa-4.1.tar.bz2
- Execute the script called install.sh
- e.g. ./install.sh
- Next, answer the installer questions:
- An existing database was found. Do you want to keep this database [Y]? Y
- Migration is necessary when upgrading. Do you want to migrate the database [Y]? Y
- Reboot and you should be good to go.
span style=”color: #008000;”>This is probably one of the best/easiest upgrades I’ve done in a couple of years.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to us at IDMWorks.