Identity & Access Management has evolved to respond to changes to processes and technology. Behavioral analytics and zero trust have become integral components of identity management and access products.
COVID-19 has forced organizations to have employees work from home. This has made it crucial to limit the access that remote employees, and partners and customers, have.
Multi-factor authentication and single sign-on might work well for small businesses. But this static approach is a recipe for disaster when talking about Identity & Access Management on an enterprise scale.
An enterprise has so much to lose. One data breach can lead to stolen intellectual property, lost data, a demolished reputation, steep repair expenses, and expensive fines for failure to meet government compliance.
Businesses have everything to lose if they don’t have a quality IAM product. This makes IAM tools among the most important cybersecurity solutions for 2021. Not all IAM technologies are created equal. A solution that may work well for one organization or in one sector, may not be the right solution for a different organization that has a different field of work.
Let’s look at a few of the leaders in IAM and see the pros and cons of what their cybersecurity solutions offer.
Top Cybersecurity Solutions 2021
1. SailPoint Technologies
SailPoint has been offering business and security related solutions since 2005.SailPoint is in IAM software. Your organization can deploy it in the cloud, in a data center, or on premise. It allows your organization to manage who has access to what applications, software, and data. It includes software password features allowing your team to reset and change passwords with ease.
Popular features include automated user provisioning, identity governance, and compliance control features. These tools allow you to block unauthorized individuals from accessing sensitive data.
SailPoint offers three primary identity governance solutions.
- IdentityNow: This is a cloud-based solution. It allows for access and password management for mobile applications, in the cloud, and on premise.
- IdentityIQ: Is the solution for identity management and password management for on premise and cloud needs.
- SecurityIQ offers maximum data access security and management for sensitive information, be it on premise or in the cloud.
SailPoint can be integrated with other security technology. It allows authorized employees to view and edit sensitive data. This is a powerful tool for mitigating data leaks and breaches. SailPoint is scalable and could be the right solution for businesses, regardless of their size. It protects against internal and external cyber threats.
2. DUO SECURITY
Duo Security offers a scalable cloud-based IAM solution. It’s created to protect all users, devices, and applications from anywhere. It offers multi factor authentication that is easy to deploy, use, and administer. It offers full endpoint visibility and control. It can serve as the core of a zero trust security model as it combines device and user trust security features.
Founded in 2010, Duo Security offers solutions to organizations ranging from small businesses to enterprises. They operate globally providing their service to centers of education, technology, government, finance, healthcare, and legal institutions.
Duo Security is sought after for its ease-of-use, ease of setup, and quality of support. It’s primary features include:
- The ability to verify user trust. Your organization can ensure that users are who they say they are every time they attempt to access networks and data.
- Establish device trust. This is done by providing visibility into each device that accesses applications. These devices are continuously verified with respect to their security and health posture.
- Enforce adaptive policies. Contextual and granular access policies can be assigned. This minimizes your information’s exposure. Only the users and devices that absolutely need access are granted access.
- Secure access for each user. Each user, regardless of where they are requesting access from, or when they are requesting access, is provided appropriate permissions.
- Secure access to each application. Credential theft is minimized by allowing users the ability to securely access their applications using a single username and password.
3. Ping Identity
Ping Identity was founded in 2001. It offers cloud identity security solutions. This organization services a global market. They design their solutions to ensure customer, workforce, and partner access security. They offer other security-related solutions.
Ping Identity focuses on the enterprise market. Their customer base includes some of the largest enterprises in the world. Their focus is to reduce complexity, increase agility, and maximize security at scale. Their ID solutions include:
- Single Sign-On. This makes it possible for users to sign into their applications or services with just one set of credentials. Customers and employees gain one click access on any device regardless of where they are. This reduces the number of separate passwords and accounts users need to manage.
- PingOne MFA. This is a multifactor authentication software that is cloud-based. It offers a seamless and secure experience for users and customers. It features adaptive authentication policies, custom branding, intuitive authentication methods, and adaptive authentication policies. This allows an organization to keep their customers, employees, and data secure while providing a stellar user experience.
- PingAccess. As a centralized access security solution, PingAccess makes use of a comprehensive policy engine. It guarantees users can securely access applications and APIs by securing them down to the URL level. Access users are only given permission to access the resources they actually need.
- PingDataGovernance. If your organization requires fine-grained dynamic authorization for actions coupled with data protection, PingDataGovernance is the solution. It has a powerful drag-and-drop policy editor. This allows your business to act promptly and enable needed business initiatives.
Okta was founded in 2009. It provides an identity management platform to be used on the enterprise-level. It operates in the United States, and in certain geographical segments around the world.
Okta offers an Identity Management Suite that is cloud-based. Their customer base covers various industries including energy, telecommunications, information technology, and more.
The key features that differentiate them from the competition are their compliance management, access request management, multifactor authentication, and user provisioning.
They defy their products into three categories, namely Workforce Identity, Customer Identity, and platform services.
- Workforce Identity products include
- Single Sign-On
- Adaptive Multifactor Authentication
- Universal Directory
- Lifestyle Management
- Access Gateway
- Advanced Server Access
- API Access Management
- Customer Identity products include:
- User Management
- Adaptive Multifactor Authentication
- Lifestyle Management
- B2B Integration
- Access Gateway
- Platform Services include:
- Identity Engine
Auth0 solves large-scale identity issues for global enterprises by offering an easy to integrate platform. Auth0 is an identity management platform focused on helping application teams and developers. This platform is used by developers and application teams to allow, authenticate, and give secure access to applications, users, and devices. It is appreciated for its extensibility, simplicity, and expertise to scale.
Auth0 operates in over 70 countries and is trusted to provide identity management for over 4.5 billion logins every month. They boast over 9000 customers and offer 24 hour a day seven days a week support.
Some of this platform‘s outstanding features include:
Universal Login. This feature facilitates single sign-on between multiple applications. Using this feature, a user can log into one app and will not be required to provide authentication unless they log out.
Multi Factor Authentication. This feature makes use of third-party authenticators, SMS, and more. Guardian allows users to authenticate themselves with the tap of a button.
User Management. With this feature, users get access to an easy-to-use interface and tools that allow them to manage user identities. They can create new identities, provision identities, create and reset passwords, and block and delete users.
We designed this brief review of the top Cybersecurity solutions for 2021 to introduce you to the organizations that can help your business meet industry compliance requirements. This can save you money and time streamlining the process of dealing with user account related issues.
IAM solutions can automate critical aspects of authentication, managing identities, and authorization. You’re able to work efficiently while still protecting your business. IAM solutions are a must. Your organization’s reputation depends on your ability to control and audit who enters and exits your organization’s network. This is the only way that you can support a secure operating environment.
CyberArk is trusted by more than 50 percent of Fortune 500 companies to protect sensitive, high-value assets. Privilege Access Management as it is known today got its start in the early 2000s when CyberArk, in collaboration with its customers, pioneered the concept of Vault and Rotate Privileged Credentials.
Since that time, CyberArk’s team has been creating new products that have defined and redefined the IAM market. Their innovative approach, proven methodologies, and unparalleled customer service have made CyberArk a market share leader. They are the number one vendor of PAM services. They enjoy the distinction of being the only publicly traded company that focuses solely on Privilege Access Management.
Some of CyberArk’s PAM solutions include:
• Advanced Threat Protection
• Cloud & Virtualization Security
• Confidential File Security
• DevOps Security
• Industrial Control Systems Security
• Insider Threat Protection
• IT Audit and Reporting
• Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
• Remote Vendor Access Security
• Unix/Linux Security
• Windows Security
CyberArk helps organizations improve their Privilege Access Management infrastructure in the following ways.
Digital Transformation Includes:
1. Keeping business critical applications secure by means of consistent security controls, be them on premise or in the cloud.
2. Robotic process automation allows businesses to integrate PAM into their RPA workflows, thereby heightening RPA security.
3. DevOps Security provides privilege access security by encouraging security teams and developers to engage at every stage of the development process by “shifting left.”
4. Cloud & Virtualization Security helps minimize threats by providing visibility, promoting compliance, and adding value to cloud adoption.
Security and Risk Management includes:
1. Insider threat protection, which provides security professionals the ability to foresee future threats. This includes external threats and malicious contractors, rogue employees, and former employees who have not been deprovisioned.
2. Remote vendor access security identifies and minimizes risk connected to remote user access. This allows your business to maintain flexibility while upholding standard operating procedures for interacting with remote workers, vendors, and other remote users who could put critical systems at risk.
3. Just-in-time privilege access provides more security than “always on access.” Most people only need access to secure data or information for a brief period of time. PAM solutions can get rid of unneeded privileged rights easily.
Radiant Logic has been offering identity solutions for more than two decades. In 2000, they began by offering a virtual directory. Since then, the company has evolved and is now offering a full federated identity and directory service. Around the globe, Fortune 1000 companies are using products produced by Radiant Logic to address some of the biggest federation and identity integration challenges they face.
Radiant Logic’s premier product is RadiantOne FID. This software takes advantage of identity virtualization technology patented by Radiant Logic. Additional security is added thanks to their HDAP technology and their LDAP V3 directory store.
Some of the more popular services offered by Radiant Logic include:
1. RadiantOne Cloud Federation Service. This technology, also known as CFS, generates claims using identity data. As a result, single sign-on becomes possible for all users regardless of the application they are using. This tool is the identity provider at the center of any secure federation infrastructure.
2. RadiantOne FID. This is the technology used to improve authentication by marrying enterprise grade security, reliability, and intuitive point-and-click configurations with the scalability offered by HDAP, the big data directory that powers RadiantOne.
3. RadiantOne Identity Correlation and Synchronization Server. ICS is designed to offer identity correlation and object synchronization. This product is built on the RadiantOne virtualization technology. It is an integral part of identity infrastructure.
OneLogin is a leader in IAM. They have created unique software designed to improve the security and efficiency of systems while simultaneously simplifying business logins. Thousands of individuals use this software because it is easy to implement and streamlines workflows. This allows businesses to work with improved productivity without risking security.
OneLogin’s strengths are seen in its ability to enforce security policy throughout an organization, offer a variety of security features, and minimize the cost of implementing identity management.
Onboarding and offboarding of employees is made easier with OneLogin. It allows employees to log into a password manager with one master password for authentication. Business leaders can create different passwords and password groups and determine who has access to what based on their role in the company.
OneLogin includes Single Sign-On for websites without revealing actual credentials. This makes OneLogin the ideal option for large enterprises.
OneLogin has a clean interface and an easy to identify menu bar that makes navigating different functions a breeze. With just a click of a button, you can add passwords and share them with users.
The auto login feature is responsive and impressive. However, it only works with login pages. You are able to launch a website from within the software or do it via the browser. A browser extension icon lets users see the accounts connected to the site.
OneLogin works with just about every platform. Since it is cloud-based, all of your data is synchronized across all the devices you own.
OneLogin is designed primarily for larger enterprises with 50+ employees. While it can work for small businesses, traditional small businesses may be better off with a different option.
Centrify is changing the game in the field of Privilege Access Management. They are pioneering the delivery of Zero Trust Privilege via the cloud. This is allowing organizations to secure DevOps, big data, infrastructure, containers, and the cloud, as well as other systems used by enterprises today.
Centrify has become more popular as remote work becomes mainstream. Businesses are navigating away from traditional network parameters toward Zero Trust Privilege, which is the idea of granting the least amount of privilege based on who is requesting it.
Centrify minimizes the attack surface. It reduces risks and improves compliance, visibility, and audits. It minimizes cost since it is tailored for complex situations faced by modern hybrid enterprises.
Centrify was founded in 2004. It boasts more than 5,000 customers. It has a strong financial backing that allows it to invest in development, thereby furthering the strength of its Privilege Access Management services.
Some of the services Centrify offers includes:
Identity Management: Centrify’s Identity Service manages and secures user identities for organizations and their employees, their customers, and the businesses they partner with. It secures access to cloud apps, on premise apps, and mobile apps by requiring multi-factor authentication, single login, and user provisioning.
Password Management: The Enterprise Password Management platform allows third-party vendors, authorized users, and outsourced services to access shared account password management. IT can determine if password management is done in the cloud or on premise.
Server Security: Centrify offers server isolation designed to mitigate unauthorized access to confidential or sensitive resources and information. It serves to boost policy driven protection against cyber criminals and their attacks on networks. It can enhance compliance with government regulations.
Account Management: App requests can be automated, accounts can be built, and access can be given and rescinded with the account management features.
Centrify’s products are web-based and can be supported by iOS devices, desktop, and Android devices. Customers range from small businesses to large enterprises. Their customer support is offered over the phone and online.
We designed this brief review of the top cybersecurity solutions for 2021 to introduce you to the organizations that can help your business meet industry compliance requirements. This can save you money and time by streamlining the process of dealing with user account-related issues.
IAM solutions can automate critical aspects of authentication, managing identities, and authorization. You are able to work efficiently while still protecting your business. IAM solutions are a must. Your organization’s reputation depends on your ability to control and audit who enters and exits your organization’s network. This is the only way that you can support a secure operating environment.